Help us invest in what matters for Waterloo Region2 min readReading Time: 2 minutes
Help us grow a vibrant Waterloo Region!
The Region of Waterloo has a long-term vision for a compassionate community that cares for all people, stewards the land for future generations and gives everyone the opportunity to live a good life. It’s our new 2023-2027 Strategic Plan, called “Growing with Care.” This plan will guide the Region’s work as we grow into a community of one million people in the coming decades.
How does that vision become reality? Through the annual plan and budget. The Region of Waterloo is currently working hard on the 2024 version, which will guide the important services and programs we provide across our community.
Your voice is needed! We need to know what matters to you, so we can make sure we’re meeting everyone’s needs and investing in a community where everyone can have a good life.
There are several ways you can get involved. Here’s how…
1. Come tell Region of Waterloo Council what matters to you
Residents can speak at one of three public input sessions:
- Wednesday, October 18 at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 1 at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 29 at 6 p.m.
2. Come chat with us in-person at events across our community
We’d love to see you! Here are some of the places we’ll be:
- Market day Kitchener Market: Saturday, October 21, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Community pumpkin carving at Preston Heights Community Centre: Monday, October 23, 4:00 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Vaccine clinic, King Street YMCA, Kitchener, Tuesday, October 23, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ayr Centennials hockey game at North Dumfries Community Complex: Thursday, October 26, 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. (come talk to us before or after the Ayr Centennials game)
- Home Efficiency Grants presentation at Woolwich Memorial Centre: Thursday, November 16, 6:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
3. Tell us your priorities in an online survey
All the information you need to get involved in the 2024 Plan and Budget is on our EngageWR page. We’ve launched an online survey! Tell us which Regional programs and services are most important to you, and how you think tax dollars should be spent.
On the EngageWR page, you’ll also find dates for meetings and community events, reports to council and more. Information will continue being added to this page as we go through the 2024 Plan and Budget process.
To follow the Plan and Budget Committee’s work, you can also use the Council Calendar for meeting dates, agendas, and live webcasts.
Regional Council will approve the 2024 budget on December 13.