Click to win during the Around the Region Contest!5 min readReading Time: 4 minutes
This spring, enter to win Region of Waterloo prizes during the Around the Region Contest.
One winner will be chosen in April, May and June to win:
- A rain barrel
- A $20 Grand River Transit EasyGO fare card and swag
- A family pass for Region of Waterloo Museums
- A waste reduction kit
How to enter
Entering is easy. Visit the Around the Region subscription page, be sure to check the option to enter the contest, and subscribe.
A subscription counts as an entry. You can only subscribe once.
One winner will be chosen at random in April, May and June for each month.
Rules and regulations
See the Around the Region Contest Rules and Regulations below for more information.
Rules and Regulations
- This Around the Region Contest is being held by The Regional Municipality of Waterloo (the “Region”). Any questions with respect to this Contest should be directed to Stu Gooden, Communications Specialist by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No purchase necessary. Only one entry per person. All entries become the property of the Region and will not be returned.
- To enter, subscribe to the Around the Region newsletter on the subscription page during the month of April, May or June, 2022.
- You must express your desire to enter the contest using the option on the subscription page that says “Around the Region contest”.
- The Around the Region Contest commences on April 4, 2022 and closes at 11:59 pm. (E.T.) on June 30, 2022.
- To be eligible, all online entries must be received on or before 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on April 30, 2022, May 31, 2022 or June 30, 2022.
- There will be 1 Prize available to be won each month. The prize to be drawn for includes: a rain barrel (retail value of $140 CDN), a waste reduction kit (value of $25 CDN), a GRT EasyGO fare card (value of $20 CDN), and a Region of Waterloo Museum family pass (value of $25 CDN)
- Chances of winning are dependent upon the total of eligible entries received. The Region is unaware of how many entries there may be.
- Entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- The Around the Region Contest administrators and their immediate families are not eligible for Prizes in the Contest.
- Each selected entrant must correctly answer a skill-testing question by telephone at a mutually convenient time before being declared the winner.
- Winners must go to the following Redemption Office during the hours indicated to redeem their Prize:
|Main Floor Reception Desk |
150 Frederick St.
|Mon – Fri: 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.|
- A random draw for the Prize will be conducted by one or more representatives of the Region at 150 Frederick St., 5th Floor, Kitchener, Ontario, N2G 4J3 at 1:00 p.m. =(E.T.) on May 1st, 2022 for the April contest, June 1st, 2022 for the May contest and July 1st, 2022 for the June contest. The random draw will be from all completed entry forms received as of the Contest closing date set out in section 5 of these Rules and Regulations. Each selected entrant will be notified by e-mail or telephone at the email address or telephone number indicated on the selected entry form within fourteen (14) days of the draw. In the event a selected entrant does not comply with these contest rules and regulations, or cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days of the draw, an alternate entrant will be selected from the remaining entries.
- The Region takes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, illegible or destroyed entries or for failure of the website during the Contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction or any telephone network lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an applicant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from using or downloading any material in this Contest. The Region reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Region corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any Web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Region reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-redeemable for any cash value.
- The Winner must sign a waiver and release consenting to the use of his/her/their entry, name, city of residence and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the Region without further compensation as a condition to and in advance of receiving the Prize, or the Prize will be forfeited.
- This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Each entrant agrees to abide by all contest rules and will be deemed to have reviewed and understood the rules if they participate in this Contest. If there is any doubt as to the eligibility of an entrant or the manner in which an entrant wins a Prize, the Judge shall decide the issue and his or her decision shall be final. Entrants using any scheme, information or method to win a Prize which, in the sole opinion of the Judge, is other than a fair chance, will be disqualified and lose the right to claim a Prize to which they otherwise would have been entitled.
- The Region is not responsible for printing, distribution, or production errors and may terminate or withdraw this Contest at any time without prior notice.