2022 Plan and Budget: building a more equitable and sustainable future1 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Regional Council continues to discuss a comprehensive Plan and Budget that prioritizes a more equitable future for all residents.
Guided by the Region’s Strategic Plan and continuing the work of the past year, the 2022 Plan and Budget responsibly invests in a more equitable, sustainable and prosperous community and supports Council’s vision.
Some key investments are centred around:
• Acceleration of affordable housing
• Investments in improving the social and economic health and wellbeing of Black, Indigenous, and Racialized Communities
• Building capacity for climate action
• Expanding access to emergency medical services
• Supporting local economic growth
• Delivering on the Region’s commitment to Reconciliation
• Improving the resident experience through modernizing public services
• Maintaining service levels for critical regional services
To learn more about the Region’s Plan and Budget for 2022, visit regionofwaterloo.ca/PlanandBudget